Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pretty in Pink

In honor of breast cancer awareness month, my fly of the month is the Pink San Juan Worm.  Following is a step by step on how to tie the SJ worm.  
Step 1.  Gather all your material.  #14 Scud hook, pink chenille, pink thread and a lighter.  
Step#2.  Start your thread and wrap down the chenille with the thread at 2 or 3 locations.  Tie off, cut chenille to length and singe the end.  That's it!

Ha!  In all seriousness, this is an often overlooked color of the SJ worm.  While I have never seen an actual pink worm, apparently the fish have or maybe they just have a pea sized brain.  But then again, I don't spend much time with my head underwater, so maybe they do exist, I just haven't seen them.  But the fish eat them and even those technical tailwater biggies like a pink worm every now and then.  The NFL isn't the only ones to be rockin' the pink this month.  I'll be throwing pink all month as it has been one of my most productive patterns in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment