Monday, February 21, 2011

The Buggy Arizona Prince

I had a couple of requests to tie up a recent pattern that I posted a week or so ago.  The Buggy Arizona Prince is my variation of the Arizona Prince tied by Jeremy Davies.  I added a collar of brown dyed starling  for the soft hackle so it would add to the overall bugginess of the pattern.  I then use a super secret dubbing comb to tease out more fibers to make it shaggy.  This pattern style is a more durable variation of the original with also having a bigger gap due to the scud hook.  Although, I don't ever think this variation will ever replace the original, natural pattern, it will be close due to the ease and durability.  Give these a try next time you need a buggy, heavy pattern.


Tying the Buggy Arizona Prince Nymph from Juan Ramirez on Vimeo.
The Arizona Prince comes from Jeremy Davies and this is a variation of that pattern.  I have added a bit of soft hackle to make it a buggier pattern.  This is a lot easier and faster to tie than the original Prince.  Give them a try.

3 comments:

  1. I, dig the bug and the velcro is a great idea!

    Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good looking fly. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting. John Romer has created some amazing materials for fly's and that is one of them.

    ReplyDelete