Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2014 Denver Fly Fishing Show

The 2014 Fly Fishing Show in Denver has come and gone and with it was another great year.  This year was pretty busy with Friday being much busier than the past years.  It may have something to do with people still on vacation as the show was a bit early this year.  It may have also been that there was a storm expected over the weekend and many people wanted to get there before the snow started falling.  Either way, it was a great way to kick off the show.  
I want to thank everyone who stopped by and thanked me for doing this blog.  It certainly is nice to hear that I am helping you get better at fly tying.  I really appreciate the followers that I have and it is appreciated.  Thank you.
As a beginner fly tier and fly fisher, I could only imagine that one day I would be sitting at the same table sharing lunch or dinner and jokes with some of the people who were teaching me at the time through their articles and books.  Phil Rowley, Rick Takahashi & Jeff Currier are the people I look up to in the industry.  As time goes on, I hope I can be as helpful and gracious as they are.  I thank them for offering the help and guidance they provide. 
This year, I didn't get to get out and take many photos.  Before I knew it, it was late Sunday afternoon and I had yet to take a photo.  The following photos were taken quickly and in poor lighting.   Next year, I will have to make it a point to spend more time visiting with other tiers and vendors.  Hmmm. What should I tie next year?

Orange Stimi

My "Slim Shady"

Chubby Chernobyl

Shea's awesome box

More
Got Damsels?
Rich Pilatzke is a tying fool!
Lots of eggs!
Jerry Hubka's big ass hopper
Tak's vise
Austin Manthey's box
Big ass stones look good right?


My Slim Shady #22 and Trico Spinner #26
Lots of hoppers!  MFC sample box

4 comments:

  1. Hey Juan, It was great visiting with you and seeing your new "Slim Shady". It looks like a winner. I enjoy seeing new patterns. I like to try tying and fishing them. Keep up the good work on your blog. I look every day and enjoy your stuff. Have a great day, Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Juan, it was great to meet you at the show! My dad (not a fly-fisherman) had a great time and was really impressed with you and all the other quality folks who were sharing their craft for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Arizona, but there are many times when I wished I lived up there. Wish I could have been there. Great looking bugs as always. I hope to hook up with you when I get back up there. Hope all is well.

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your patterns bro, keep up the great design efforts.
    Tak

    ReplyDelete