Friday, December 2, 2016

Holiday Gift Ideas, Day 2


Of all the items I carry and have with me at all times while I am fishing or guiding, this is perhaps one of the most important things.  The C&F 3-in-1 Nail Knot Pipe is a super useful item because I can use the super sharp needle to help untangle knots in my leaders.  I don't know how many times I have used this this year and I can only guess how much time it's saved me, but it truly is a time and life saver.  Picture this:  A wind knot (because you could never make a knot like that on your own) during the middle of a BWO hatch has your tippet looking like you have an 8" dropper above your dry.  Stop and get out your needle and start picking.  I usually place the knot on my thumbnail so I can stab the point right in the middle of the knot and not stab myself.  Once you separate the knot, slide it up to the wider taper near the base of the needle so it opens up and from there, it's easy to get the knot out and separated with your fingers.  Trust me.  I've only done this about 600 times this year.  Remember, I am a guide!!!  There is also a cool little magnet you can use to hold flies as well as a nail knot feature.  If you own any small size C&F fly boxes, there is a place in there designed to hold this item.
This tool may need to be ordered online as most shops probably don't carry this, but ask them first to see if they can get it for you.  Do it now!!!  You can thank me later.


No comments:

Post a Comment