Thursday, May 17, 2012

Caddis Lifecycle Videos

Caddis season is still here!  Just because the "big" hatch has come on gone on the Ark, that doesn't mean it's over!  Caddis are still out and will be for most of the summer.  On the Deckers stretch of the S. Platte, the caddis are just getting started so we can enjoy an extended caddis fishing season.  These videos were held at my last tying class at Ghillies Fly Shop on April 6th.  Enjoy!



The Wonder Larva from Juan Ramirez on Vimeo.

The Wonder Pupa from Juan Ramirez on Vimeo.

The Shark Caddis from Juan Ramirez on Vimeo.

The Butch Caddis from Juan Ramirez on Vimeo.

8 comments:

  1. Hey Juan, you tie some great stuff. Thanks for the videos. I'm going to add them to my library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice vids dude. I always get confused on caddis colors though. What colors should I have in my boxes for the Ark, 11 Mile, Dream Stream and Deckers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Randy, sounds like you should have been at this class!
      Basically, you want to have olive and tan colors in the box. You want to have larvas, pupas and adult patterns to cover all you bases. To get more specific, I'd have to have another class to cover the local waters.!

      Delete
    2. Well, when/where are your next classes gonna be? I’ve really wanted to start tying more.

      Delete
    3. Randy- I'll be doing more classes at Anglers Covey. I just don't know if I will be doing any this summer. I may be doing some working with foam and maybe some flies for the Arkansas river, but I am not sure how many people would be interested in them. What would you guys like to see?

      Delete
  3. I’d like to see a design your own fly class and then life cycle classes on bwo’s, caddis, midges, stones, and then terrestrial bugs class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And a class that could help me right now...


    a dubbing class!!!

    ReplyDelete